We will make the flash cards in class this week (September 2-8). Students may need to finish them at home.
How to Make Word Part Flash Cards
1. With a pencil, divide the index card into fourths.
2. In the top left area, write the name of the word part and draw a picture that illustrates the meaning of the word part.
3. In the top right area, write the definition of the word part.
4. In the bottom left area, write the spelling word that includes the word part, plus two additional words that contain the word part.
5. In the bottom right area, write a sentence using this week’s spelling word that includes hints as to the meaning of the word.
6. Write the word part and the spelling word on the front of the card.
7. Bring in your completed flash cards so Mrs. Polay can check that your information is correct. It is a good idea to keep these flash cards in your homework folder, so you can take them to and from school each day.