I hope you enjoyed your super-long weekend! I know I did. :)
I have updated our classroom pictures page. It can be found by clicking "About Us" in the navigation menu. There you'll find "Classroom Pictures."
This week, we will not begin a new word part list, so there will not be a new set of spelling/vocabulary words.
We will begin to gather ideas for our first project-based learning inquiry on the drought. Students can post resources and ideas on our drought page.
Back to School Morning for grades 3-5 is on Wednesday, September 16 from 8:15 - 8:45. I hope to see all parents!
This week's homework assignments, due Tuesday, September 15:
- Math: Problem Solving and Practice Sheets.
- I'd Rather Read: Click here to learn more. Again this week, we will write the paragraph in class so that students can learn my expectations. Students are only responsible for completing the log at home (100 total minutes). Next week, they will do both at home.
- Poem of the Week: "74th Street" by Myra Cohn Livingston. The assignments are assigned per day as a guide, but are all due Tuesday, 9/15. Click here for more information.
- Bring in two resources about the California drought. This could be news stories (online or print), magazine articles, advertisements, public service announcements, etc...
- From your resources above, learn two new things about the drought. Write your two facts on the, "Did you know...?" paper.
- "You Can Grow Your Intelligence": Read and answer questions.
Have a great week,