Thank you for the birthday surprises! You went above and beyond and it was very sweet. I also really appreciated the great turn out on Back to School Morning! If you filled out a volunteer form, I will be in touch soon.
Sacramento trip information went home Friday. The initial deposit is due by October 15. Parent chaperones will be chosen in December.
LADWP will speak to our class on Tuesday morning about the drought and water conservation.
The fourth graders are lucky to have the opportunity to learn basic violin from UCLA students. They provide us with violins to practice on at school. We will start this week with short classes once or twice a week through December 4. There will be a short presentation for parents on December 4... More information on that later!
Please sign up for a parent-teacher conference: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4FAFAD29A4F85-october1
Homework assignments (due September 28):
1. I'd Rather Read: Students do not have to write the response this week. They should only record their reading on the log. 80 minutes instead of 100, due to another short week!
- Problem solving tasks 1 and 2. Read, draw, write!
- 1 1/2 practice sheets - rounding using a vertical number line (what fun!) and addition.
- Read "California's First People" on pages 114-115 and answer the questions on the sheet (not the questions in the book).
- Read "Salmon Run" on pages 116-117 and answer the questions on the sheet (not the questions in the book).
4. Poseidon Set:
- Study for the quizzes on Friday, September 25 (word part meanings, vocabulary match, spelling dictation). Use the Poseidon concentration cards from this Monday's class to help you study.
- Optional: One activity from the spelling menu.
5. Computer Lab Assignment: Think of three clues for "Who am I?"
Have a great week,