It was great seeing so many of you at the Fourth Grade social last Wednesday night.
Earlier today, I sent out my donation page for Digital Wish. Since Back to School morning, we have explored options to equip my class with iPads. The district does not currently allow for Bring Your Own Device, so my focus has shifted. Through Digital Wish (a non-profit organization similar to Donors Choose), I hope to buy as many iPad minis with cases as I can to start using technology in groups. Click here to see the wish list. Donors can make a tax-deductible donation by choosing an iPad and case from the list, or by donating any amount of money to my digital wish page, which will be used to purchase iPad minis. Thank you for all of your patience and support - and for the tireless efforts of Sarah and Sabine!
Congratulations Zachary for being the first this year to join the Scholar Mastery Club Hall of fame!
This week, conferences continue and dismissal is at 2 pm, except for Tuesday (1:43 pm). Conference schedule link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4FAFAD29A4F85-october
We began violin lessons on Friday through UCLA. We will have thirty-minute lessons once or twice a week from now through December 4, and will perform a short recital on December 5.
Please sign up to volunteer at the Haunt. You can sign-up at your parent-teacher conference. I will create a sign-up genius as well.
Our Nemesis word part quiz, the spelling quiz, and the vocabulary quiz are on Wednesday.
We have our first Social Studies test this Friday. Scholars were given a study guide, flash cards, and an optional study packet last week.
Homework this week:
- Study for the Social Studies test.
- Study for the word part, spelling, and vocabulary quizzes.
- I'd Rather Read log and response paragraph.
- Science: Complete assignment sheet using your science composition book and pages 202-205 of the science textbook.
- Math: Two problem-solving sheets. We are working on drawing bar diagrams, also called tape diagrams. These are not bar graphs. Ask me if you need help please!
- Math: Practice sheet on multiples and factors.
Have a great week,