Thank you to everyone who attended Beautification Day today! And a HUGE thank you to Jessica Earnhardt for leading the installation of our backpack hooks.
We will start our third word part set, the Athena Set this week. The quizzes will be on Friday, October 16. Beads can be earned for any of the word parts learned this year.
Parent teacher conferences are from October 12 - 23. Dismissal is at 2:05 during those two weeks, with the exception of Tuesdays, when dismissal is at 1:43.
Here is the SignUp Genius link to view or change your parent teacher conference: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4FAFAD29A4F85-october1
Our picture day is October 13.
This week's homework assignments, due October 12:
1. I'd Rather Read log and paragraph.
- The paragraph should be written about the book you are reading at home. Be sure to include the name of the book and the author in the first sentence, just like we practiced in class.
- Problem solving tasks 1 and 2. Read, draw, write!
- Practice sheets.
3. Super Science:
- Read the article, "The Great Pumpkin Race" on pages 10-13. Please bring back the SuperScience reader because we will use it again.
- Complete the sheets, Main Idea Master and Think It Through. Use details to support your answers. Just like we practice in class, find text evidence by rereading. Please do not do this from memory.
4. Earth Science:
- Read pages 195-198 of Science Resources and answer the questions on the sheet (not the questions in the book.)
5. Reading Olympians:
- Athena journal. We will start this in class and you will finish it at home.
Have a great week,