Parent teacher conferences continue this week, so early dismissal is still in effect.
There will not be a new word-part list until next week.
This week's homework assignments, due October 26:
1. I'd Rather Read log and paragraph.
• The paragraph should be written about the book you are reading at home. Be sure to include the name of the book and the author in the first sentence, just like we practiced in class.
- Problem solving tasks 1 and 2. Read, draw, write! Students must read the problem, draw the problem, and write an answer statement BEFORE solving.
- Practice sheets.
- Mental Math: Students will practice their mental math strategies... one problem a night - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This is the only part of the homework due Thursday.
3. Earth Science:
- Read pages 214-217 of Science Resources. Then, reread the lyrics to the “Minerals Matter” song. Using your science book, define and/or explain the science vocabulary included in the song. Include specific details from what you read and from what you did in class.
4. Poem of the Week:
- “Soup” by Carl Sandburg. Attach additional paper if necessary or type your responses. You must restate the questions and include text evidence.
5. What’s Growin’ On? Newspaper:
- Please take care of this newspaper, as we will continue using it in class.
- Pages 8-9, “Our Food Grows Where Water Flows”: Use only colored pencils, twistables, or crayons. No markers! Write neatly. We will use this map in class. Complete numbers 1 through 3, and 5 through 10.
Have a great week,