Anika was the first to join the Scholar Mastery Club this year! Brooke and Max joined soon thereafter. More have submitted entries and I will post updates tomorrow after school. Some questions will be easier than others. Some will require quick research - there are research links posted with the questions. You will find the link to my Scholar Mastery Club page under "Extras/Other Links + More" on my home page. It's easy to join... You choose a question that interests you, learn about it, and then fill out an entry sheet in class. Go scholars!
Parent reminders for this week:
Conferences start tomorrow. I will try to stick closely to the schedule, so please be on time. Here is the SignUp Genius link to view or change your parent teacher conference: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4FAFAD29A4F85-october1
Picture day is this Tuesday, October 13.
As Tanaz emailed (thank you!), the last day for students to register for the Sacramento trip is this Thursday. Parents will be chosen in December, and will register then.
This week's homework assignments, due October 19:
1. I'd Rather Read log and paragraph.
- The paragraph should be written about the book you are reading at home. Be sure to include the name of the book and the author in the first sentence, just like we practiced in class.
- Problem solving tasks 1 and 2. Read, draw, write! Students must read the problem, draw the problem, and write an answer statement BEFORE solving. We follow this procedure in class and it helps us make sense of and persevere in solving the problems.
- Practice sheets.
- Mental Math: Students will practice their mental math strategies... one problem a night - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This is the only part of the homework due Thursday. Parents, be ready to be wowed!
- Multiplication Poster: Students will be assigned a multiplication problem and will make a poster showing all of the different ways it can be solved.
3. Earth Science:
- Read pages 202-205 of Science Resources and answer the questions on the sheet (not the questions in the book). This reading time can be added to the reading log (20 minutes only).
4. Reading Olympians:
- Athena quizzes are this Friday. Use the concentration cards from Monday's class to help you study.
- Spelling Menu - 2 items.
Have a great week,