Thanks to everyone who drove on the trip last week, and to Farnaz Manavi for taking care of all of the paperwork and for providing the snack!
A new field trip slip went home Friday. Please return it signed tomorrow so that we can meet LAUSD's timeline for approval. Tentatively, we are going to the Metropolitan Water District on December 10. We will learn about how water was used and transported in the 1800s, how it is transported today, and what we can do to ensure we have clean water in the future. It is a great opportunity, so please return the slips - thank you!
Our last violin class is on December 4. Parents are welcome to come and see us perform the three songs we have been working on. Our class is from 1:35 - 2:05. Please wait outside until that time, as another class will be performing before us.
This week's homework assignments are due Friday, November 20.
1. Reading Log: Only the log is due this week, not the paragraph.
2. Poem of the Week: "I Was Walking in a Circle" by Jack Prelutsky
- Neat and thorough responses only! Write in complete sentences and restate the questions.
3. Math: Everyday Arrays project (You will be given more specific directions in class.)
- Search for 6 -10 arrays in your home, neighborhood, or supermarket.
- Draw or photograph each array and explain where you saw it.
- Describe how many rows, how many objects in each row, and the total number of objects in each array you find.
- Write a number story and equation for each array.
4. Math: Practice Sheet
5. Science: Review sheet.
Have a great week,