I hope you had a nice Halloween. A big thank you to Arman's mom, Shadiar, and Mira's mom, Micah for helping put together our fun Halloween activity on Friday. Thank you to the other parents who attended and helped with our engineering challenge. We had a great time! I added some pictures here.
The Nemesis set quizzes are this Friday. We will also take interim assessments in math and language arts using the testing iPads. They are formative assessments that will serve many purposes - the two most important: 1)They will help guide my instruction. 2)They will serve as a practice for the end-of-the-year Smarter Balanced Assessments. Parents, there is nothing in particular your child can do to prepare, however, if needed, please make sure you are making time for your child to practice his/her basic math facts.
This week's homework assignments, due November 9:
1. I'd Rather Read log and paragraph.
• Choose a new question to answer. The paragraph should be written about the book you are reading at home. Be sure to include the name of the book and the author in the first sentence, just like we practiced in class.
- Problem solving tasks 1 and 2. Read, draw, write! Students must read the problem, draw the problem, and write an answer statement BEFORE solving.
- Practice sheets.
- Mental Math: Students will practice their mental math strategies... one problem a night - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This is the only part of the homework due Thursday.
- Factors and Multiples Poster: Make a poster showing the factors and multiples of a given number, which you will be assigned in class. Click the link for examples and directions.
3. Earth Science:
- Read pages 228-231 of Science Resources. Answer the questions on the sheet (not the ones in the book).
4. Reading Olympians - Nemesis Set:
- Use the concentration cards from class to study for Friday's quiz.
- Optional: Spelling menu.
Have a great week,