Jump Rope for Heart forms went home today. Create online fundraising pages here. Fundraising will go on for three weeks (January 25 – February 12). During the last week (week of February 8), students will jump rope in P.E. with Coach Diamond.
Last Friday, we officially began working on our class's news site. More information to come soon - very exciting!
Last week we also started a ten-week partnership with UCLA's Sustainable Youth. Their mission is to expose kids to local and global environmental issues and sustainable practices through hands-on experimentation and demonstration in the classroom. They will visit our classroom every Thursday.
This week's homework assignments, due Monday, February 1:
1. I'd Rather Read log and paragraph
• Choose a new question to answer. The paragraph should be written about the book you are reading at home. Be sure to include the name of the book and the author in the first sentence, just like we practiced in class.
2. Math: Problem solving task and practice sheets.
3. California Studies Weekly, Week 11:
- Follow the directions in the packet. Please bring Week 11 to school each day.
4. Reading Olympians - Hercules Set: Journal due Monday. Quizzes are Friday, 2/5.
Have a great week,