This week we will launch our news website, Good Morning Warner. I will send a link later this week. The students are working on developing stories - some relate to what we are learning, some don't. We are all very excited!
I have enjoyed reading the posts on our padlets. Students are encouraged to periodically check the site and comment on what their classmates have shared. Parents can chime in, too.
We found out that we are eligible to enter UCLA's Sustainable Art competition. More details will come in a few weeks. It will be a great way to use the lids we collected!
The "I Won't Stand For__________" t-shirts should be worn tomorrow. If your child left it in the classroom, I will bring it to morning assembly and he/she can put it on over his/her clothes.
We had a great time on the field trip. A BIG thank you to the parents who drove us all! And, thank you Channa Mann and our room moms for helping to organize all of the field trip paperwork. If you are planning on chaperoning in the future, paperwork MUST be turned in ASAP. Please make sure all of the information is current, especially insurance information. Our next field trip is February 11. We are going to Reyes Adobe in Agoura Hills. Please let me know if you are interested in driving.
This week's homework assignments:
- Math: Problem solving and practice sheets.
- Math: More or Less game. This will be sent home Tuesday. Please play the game with your child sometime this week. It will be a fun way for you to review fractions!
- Science: Read pages 22-25 of Science Resources and answer the questions on the sheet (not in the book).
- Wonders: Read pages 24-27 of Wonders and answer the questions on the sheet (not in the book).
- Social Studies: Read pages 45 - 52 of the floppy social studies book, Our California, and answer all of the questions (even the ones on pages 45 and 49!).
- Continue to read the book for your next book project and start to complete the Story Frame Form and Character Questions sheet, both of which will be turned in with your project.
- I'd Rather Read - log only.
Have a great week,