I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!
We will resume Literature Circles tomorrow. Please bring your book and job sheets. We will continue with the Hercules Set and will take the quizzes Friday.
We are going to the Natural History Museum and the Science Center Wednesday. Please arrive at school on time, wearing your WAVE field trip shirt with a sack lunch that is labeled with your name. Wear comfortable shoes and only bring what you can carry. Please leave all valuables at home. Chaperones, please meet us in the classroom at 8:20 so that we can leave on time. I will give you driving and parking directions then.
This week is Peace Week:
Tuesday "Use Your Head To Make Good Choices." Wear a hat.
Wednesday "Be A Hero. Stand Up To Name Calling." Who's your hero? Your mom or dad? A firefighter, a police officer, the president? Someone from history, sports, fiction? (Think simple. No Halloween costumes.)
Thursday "We Are All Peacemakers." Complete and wear your "I Won't Stand For______" tee-shirt.
Friday "Put Bullying To Bed For Good." Wear Pajamas.
Homework for the Week:
- Spelling Menu
- Math: practice and problem solving sheets
- Science: The Force response sheet. Use pages 3-18 of your science textbook to help you. Include as many science terms as possible to explain your thinking.
- Study for Thursday's science quiz. Study guides went home Friday.
- Island of the Blue Dolphins: Research topics - include as much information as you can.
- I'd Rather Read reading log and response.
- Choose a fiction book and begin to read it for the next book project. You will choose the project in class. The book must be at your level and one that you haven't read before. It must be approved by Mrs. Polay. It may be a book that you recently started. The project is due February 23.
- Play outside (homework from the Sustainable Youth teachers)!
- Optional: Science/Math Extension sheet (Use pages 3-28 of science textbook to help you)
Have a great week,