I hope you enjoyed the break! We will ease back into our routine this week. Science Lab resumes with the start of our new unit, Magnetism and Electricity. We also start a nine-week partnership with UCLA Sustainable Youth. Their mission is to expose kids to local and global environmental issues and sustainable practices through hands-on experimentation and demonstration in the classroom.
The new word part list is posted - The Hercules Set. Our spelling, vocabulary, and word part quizzes will be Friday, January 23.
Our field trip to the Natural History Museum and Science Center will be January 21. We will leave at 8:30 and come back to school around 2:30. Please let me know if you are interested in chaperoning and driving. Field trip slips will go home Monday.
This week's homework:
- S.T.E.A.M. At-home challenge. Choose a different project than the last one you did.
- Math - Practice sheet and problem solving questions.
- Social Studies: Read and complete all of pages 41-44.
- Science: Read pages 3-8 and complete "When Magnet Meets Magnet." (in packet)
- I'd Rather Read log and response.
Have a great week,