As you know, testing for the fourth grade begins tomorrow. Our class will begin the Smarter Balanced Assessment immediately following the morning assembly. Please come to school well rested, having eaten a good breakfast.
Friday is our big trip to Sacramento. I am very excited and have been busy preparing. A couple of announcements:
- It is supposed to be in the 80s there this Friday, so be sure to wear layers that are not too heavy. No fleece needed! I still recommend wearing long pants and a thin jacket or sweatshirt. I will give students sunblock on the bus. Hats will be helpful.
- We are allowing students to visit the gift shop with their chaperones. Students are allowed to bring no more than $20. That money cannot all be spent on candy, however. We are asking chaperones not to allow students to spend more than a couple of dollars in the candy shop.
A few reminders:
- Arrive at LAX at 7 am. You may drop off in the loading zone or park and walk over. Once you arrive, students will be expected to sit quietly in their assigned line. It is important that we do not congregate in groups and disrupt the normal flow of pedestrian traffic outside the terminal. Parents should plan on staying only a few minutes and then say goodbye. Children will be in good hands!
- It is school policy to release students only to those listed on the emergency card. Once we arrive back at Warner (around 10 pm), parents must sign out their own children. Any exceptions would need to be arranged by this Wednesday and must be in writing.
- No electronics allowed except a stand-alone, inexpensive camera. I will be taking pictures, however, so a camera is really not necessary!
- Students do not need to bring anything. The less, the better.
- WAVE shirts are mandatory. I do not have extras. Please locate it early in the week so you will be prepared.
This week's homework assignments:
- I'd Rather Read log.
- Science: Read pages 98-105 and answer the questions in the packet. 20 minutes of this reading can be included on the reading log.
- Math problem solving questions.
- Poem of the Week assignments: "Dust of Snow" by Robert Frost.
We are still in need of empty 16 ounce (16.9 oz is okay, too) water bottles.
We are also testing the week of April 20 - 24, including Friday morning. The walk-a-thon is in the afternoon on the 24th. Please make sure your child is in school everyday, and stays the whole day. Thank you!
Have a great week,