This week, we will work on finishing a couple of exciting projects and start a couple of new ones!
Our Iris Set quizzes are on Thursday (word part, spelling, and vocabulary).
Information about our first book report will go home Monday. I will give each student a biography to read, along with instructions on how to complete the biography report. It is due December 15. They should get started reading right away. Please encourage them to do the report and poster independently, however, checking in with your child while he/she reads is always helpful.
I have added an optional Reading Challenge to my Language Arts page. Students have the opportunity to earn a special luncheon at the end of the year for completing the Reading Challenge Sheet after each unassigned book they read.
This week's homework assignments:
- Reading Log only -- no paragraph this week!
- Math practice and problem solving sheets.
- Math poster: My scholars wanted to make a poster of one division strategy we learned in class - Dividing with Number Bonds. Ask your child to show you how it works. Trouble? Have your child ask me a question.
- Science: Students will choose one of the Rocks and Minerals songs to illustrate (scroll down to the bottom of my Science page to listen to them). They will be given copies of the lyrics, a planning sheet, and final draft paper for any drawings they do. They can also find pictures online and email them to me or print them out. We will turn our pictures into simple music videos when we get back from Thanksgiving break. Click here for instructions and the planning sheet.
- LEXIA: At least 20 minutes. I will send home reminders Monday with students who have not been completing enough minutes or who are struggling. These should be signed and returned as soon as possible.
Have a great week,