I hope to see you all at the BBQ in a few hours!
Students are really getting into finding word parts. So many were sent to me or given to me in class, it was hard to keep up with them! Way to go! Keep them coming. There is now a direct link to the bead form on my home page.
Don't forget that homework is due tomorrow. Parents should expect children to develop a homework plan every Monday night. They might need help at first. Look at what your family has coming up this week and take into consideration any extracurricular activities. I want my students to feel empowered and in control of their assignments. I don't want anyone staying up late and stressing about homework! I give a break down in class, but the plan should come from the students. This will get easier with practice... I promise!
Homework Assignments due Tuesday, September 8:
- 2 practice sheets - topics: place value and times as many.
- Students will complete two activities from the menu for all ten words to help them prepare for Thursday's spelling quiz. Access the menu from home by visiting the Reading Olympians page (Language Arts/Reading Olympians).
- Click here to learn more. This week, we will write the paragraph in class so that students can learn my expectations. This week, students are only responsible for completing the log at home (100 total minutes).
- Answer the assessment questions (both multiple choice and constructed response).
- Complete "Ben's Bad Decision" (including the "Write Now!" at the bottom of the sheet). Use lined paper for your responses or type them (students should do the typing).
Have a great week,