We are almost to our goal of 100% participation for the Warner Annual Fund! Let's get there this week. Please send in your donations so that we can meet our goal and have a fun rock climbing party, too.
Book Talk/Project Information:
There is not one set due date for the class. Students signed up for a presentation date. On that day, in addition to presenting a Book Talk, students will turn in:
- Character Questions Sheet
- Story Frame Form
- a project (Students selected one from a menu of about 30. It is up to each student to ensure that the project reflects strong knowledge of the book, includes details, and text evidence.)
- after the presentation, the notecards they used to deliver the Book Talk (Students should use the Book Talk Checklist to prepare for the presentation.)
Literature Circles will be Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday because we have art with Mrs. Waldner. :)
- Social Studies: Read each caption on "Indians of the Missions" and answer the questions.
- Social Studies: Study Guide - Quiz this Friday, February 27. The Study Guide is due Wednesday.
- Math problem solving and practice sheets.
- Science: Response Sheet - Current Attractions. Students should refer to the textbook and their science notebooks when answering the questions. Include as much science vocabulary and concepts as possible.
- I'd Rather Read Log and response sheet.
- UCLA Sustainable Youth Homework: Talk to parents about composting and go to a farmer's market!
Our end-of-the-unit Science text is on Monday, March 2. We will be completing assignments in class this week that can serve as a study guide. Students should also use the textbook and science notebook to review what we have learned. Click here to read the unit's overarching concepts and vocabulary (scroll down to Physical Science).
Have a great week,